Anyone Here Know How To Churn For Credit Card Points?

Discussion in 'Passive Income' started by Nick, Nov 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Nick

Nick Administrator

Admin Post
    Recently, I've been reading up about churning over on Reddit. If you are not familiar with the practice, let me explain it to you. Basically, "churning" is the practice of applying for credit cards with the sole goal of earning their bonus points and then canceling the cards before the fee is do. It is rather simple in theory and allows you to score hundreds of free miles and points. Sure, it may sound dangerous or scammy, but there are whole communities that partake in this activity. Check out this blog post for a more in-depth analyzation.

Anyone out there churning right now? What are some credit cards with killer deals at the moment?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2016
    admin likes this.
  2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Churning is a good way of earnings rewards but if you churn too much your credit score will suffer. Every time you apply for a credit card a credit search is conducted and regardless of whether you are approved or refused your credit score dips ever so slightly. Suppose you do this repeatedly your score will diminish over time. I think you have to be very selective every time you churn and keep a constant eye on your credit score.

If you are interested in Churning Credit Card Points check out the following video which shows you how to plan your first credit card churn.