Christmas Help With Food Parcels for Low Income Families in 2013

Discussion in 'Free Money for People in Need' started by Robotick, Nov 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Robotick

Robotick Newbie

This is really hard for me so I'm just going to come out and say it. I Need Help With Food This Christmas. I am a single mother with five children, unfortunately my husband left us six months ago and we cannot track him down. It has been a really tough six months and I've been working every hour I can to put food on the table and give my children a satisfactory level of living. As Christmas draws closer I get the feeling that I wont be able to stretch my paycheck for food and presents. If anyone can help us we would be grateful, if anyone can offer us any advice on how we can get free food this Christmas I would be eternally grateful. If anyone knows of any place where we can get Toys this would be helpful too. I want to give the kids a Christmas that they will remember and one that will help us to put our past troubles behind us.
  2. Shobir

Shobir Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles. Have you thought about getting into contact with your local food bank or pantry? These organizations which help people who are on low income especially during the festive season which includes thanksgiving and Christmas. You can find your Local Food Bank at Feeding America.
  3. Simrin

Simrin Newbie

I know that this might sound like a long shot but have you tried asking your children's school for help? All schools have counselors and welfare officers which have tonnes of information on where you can go for help. Rather than doing all the work yourself and pursuing things that might not materialize I would go direct to the school counselor and ask for help.
  4. Juan

Juan Newbie

Here's what I would do. I would get a map and find all the local churches, community centers, civic organizations and get their number. I would then give all of them a call and ask them if they are willing to help a family who is in need in the community. With Christmas fast approaching many people are in the giving mood and I would not be surprised if every organization you contact contributes with something. Ask for free gifts for your children, help towards your food and help towards trees and decorations. If you're really desperate for money and have no savings you could have the best Christmas ever if you start early. Good Luck.
  5. Alistair

Alistair Newbie

I know a family who was experiencing similar hardship, they actually contacted their local Radio and TV Station and asked for financial assistance. The radio station asked their listeners for help and the donations poured in! Seriously, if you've got a genuine hardship and need money urgently you need to contact a radio station who might be able to put the message out. If you do try it let us know how you get on.
  6. hamza

hamza Newbie

You should definitely try contacting the Salvation Army. This is one charity that really want to help people during the holiday season. You can contact them by email or by phone or see them in person and register for food parcels during Christmas. Explain your situation in detail and explain that you want to help your children have the best Christmas ever. You need to contact them early otherwise they will get inundated.
  7. Sadia

Sadia Administrator

This might be a little off topic but I thought I'd add it. If you have a family member in the military you could be eligible for a free Christmas Tree. I'm guessing with the suggestions above you will have food covered during Christmas. Here is the link for the free Christmas tree.
    JibberJabber27, XenMoney and Miles like this.
  8. Miles

Miles Newbie

I found this really cool organization called the Holiday Project which helps families who can't afford to celebrate Christmas. If I were you I would sign up quickly and then explain you're on a low income and are experiencing financial hardship and need help with food during Christmas.
    JibberJabber27 and XenMoney like this.
  9. XenMoney

XenMoney Newbie

If you want Santa to send your kids some Christmas Cards then try letters to Santa. Once yo sign up you can have a letter with a card from Santa posted to your home address direct to your kids. I'm just guessing a gesture like this will add to the holiday cheer.
    JibberJabber27 likes this.
  10. Here is a list of charities by state which help during Christmas. I suppose the best advice I can give is to contact these charities early otherwise the limited help that is available will finish. Ideally you should start to register in October however you still might have time.
  11. Robotick

Robotick Newbie

Thank You so much for all the ideas you've posted here. I am grateful for your help.. Merry Christmas!
  12. Mark Taylor

Mark Taylor Newbie

@Robotick Just thought I would let you know the link to the Holiday Project stated above is a broken link. To get to their site please follow this link http://www.holiday-project.org I hope this helps. --Mark
    Robotick likes this.
  13. Robotick

Robotick Newbie

Thanks Mark, I've been going through all the suggestions by contacting all or the organizations and charities, I was wondering about the holiday project so thank you for giving me the right link. I will update everyone as soon as I get good news. Thank you so much...