Free computers for low income families in seattle

Discussion in 'Free Money for People in Need' started by Tiplady, Apr 17, 2014.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Tiplady

Tiplady Newbie

[​IMG]
    If you live in Seattle the Government is giving away its free city surplus computers. The city of Seattle has hundreds of surplus computers every year. These computers are between 3 and 5 years old. These computers are offered to non profit human resources organizations that serve Seattle residents.

If you're on a low income and need help with a computer then you can contact the details below to find out how you can get access to these free computers.

For free computers email Brenda Frost at (206) 386-1001.

Free computer application here.

Return application to:

City of Seattle Human Services Department
    attn: Brenda Frost
    PO Box 34215
    Seattle, WA 98124-4215

FAX: (206) 233-5119

E-mail: brenda.frost@seattle.gov
  2. Shobir

Shobir Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Great find Tiplady! Just checked the site out and everything looks legitimate. Hope this information helps people in Seattle.
  3. Simrin

Simrin Newbie

Just checked the site, looks like other equipment such as Tablets and Phones may be available as the city recycles a nearly all their technology..Thanks Tiplady
  4. hamza

hamza Newbie

Is this only for Seattle residents or can low income families from other states also apply? I know a family that could do with free computers or laptops.
  5. Sadia

Sadia Administrator

From what I can see on the site this is just for residents in Seattle, however don't let that stop you contacting them for clarification.
  6. Vernon

Vernon Newbie

Awesome find, @Tiplady, that is super cool and I never would have guessed that a city gives away computers. I wonder if any other cities are doing this? I looked a little and I couldn't find anything else going on at the city level but there are lots of sites that offer discounted computers for low income individuals/families. You have to show income is below a certain threshold, at least with this site: http://interconnection.org/low-cost-laptops.php, but if you can't get a free one, they may be able to get you a good machine for very cheap.