Help with car repairs for low income families

Discussion in 'Free Money for People in Need' started by Alistair, Feb 9, 2015.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Alistair

Alistair Newbie

A lot of people who own a vehicle struggle to make the payments on the insurance and other taxes. When the vehicle breaks down low income families experience a lot of hardship. I thought it would be a good idea to list some resources to help low income families to get free repairs on their cars. If you can think of anything that will help vehicle owners with free repairs, free gas or discounted insurance and breakdown please feel free to add to this thread.

The Car Ministry Program

The Car Ministry is a non profit organization which help with car repairs for low income families. The non-profit organization accepts donations and offers free vehicles to religious workers who need to get around. If you desperately need a working vehicle and are on a very low income then this program can really help you. Here are the contact details.

Car Ministry 2C8 Corporation
    By Appointment Only929 West Broad Street Suite 205
    Falls Church, Virginia 22046
    Phone : 703-237-8479

For the Car Ministry Program call 703-278-9299

Really hope this helps.
    Rayhan and hamza like this.
  2. Sadia

Sadia Administrator

Great idea @Alistair. I found a local charitable ministry in Vancouver Washington that's offers free car repairs for low income families who cant pay for vehicle repairs. You can contact there on the details below.

The Carpenters Garage
    Address: 11010 Northeast 37th Circle
    Vancouver Washington
    United States
    Telephone: (360) 882-7755
    hamza, JibberJabber27 and Rayhan like this.
  3. hamza

hamza Newbie

If you're experiencing hardship and require free car repairs for low income families you could go to a organisation called Auto Repair Good Guys Foundation which is a honest Garage in Arizona. You can get free help with parts and labour so its worth giving them a call to find out if you can get your vehicle back on the road.

Auto Repair Good Guys Foundation
    8909 E Copper Valley Lane
    Sun Lakes
    Arizona 85248
    Telephone: 866-747-1331
    JibberJabber27 and Rayhan like this.
  4. Rayhan

Rayhan Newbie

Hey Alistair, Great idea. After doing some research I came up with some resources shared below for my fellow Find Some Money Community Members.

You might be eligible for grants and bursaries from the Brevard County Florida Community Action Agency if you need free car repairs for low income families. The non profit organization offer parts and labour to get your vehicle up and running again.

Brevard County Community Action Agency
    2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way
    Viera Florida 32940
    Tel: (321) 633-2000
    hamza and JibberJabber27 like this.
  5. Hey great thread! I done some research and came up with the following free car repairs for low income families. The organization also offers transportation assistance to families and individuals who are near the federal poverty line.

A Helping Hand Ministry
    Atlanta Georgia
    Telephone: (770) 684-0038

You can also contact the organization on the following address and telephone number

Helping Hands Ministries, Inc
    Suite Number 1
    125 Main Street
    PO Box 337
    Tallulah Falls Georgia 30573
    Telephone: (706) 754-6884
    hamza likes this.
  6. hamza

hamza Newbie

This is an excellent video I found on YouTube which explains the Employment Transportation Assistance Program for Alexander County. Most States and Counties in the USA offer Transportation Assistance and on occasion free car repairs for low income families. For more information do some research on transportation assistance in your county.