How to Get Money from Philanthropists

Discussion in 'Asking Philanthropists for Help' started by Flair1968, Sep 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Lies none of these people actually give away money.

If you email gates foundation you get a automated response that says they don't take requests through email or postal mail. So there's really no way to actually ask them for help.

The Donald Trump deal charges you money to use it and also takes 5-9% of any funds you raise. He's not giving money he's making money.

Most of the philanthropist web pages are a page claiming they give money away but offer no contact info for them and any emails you do find send automated responses that say they don't take requests for money.

All the other pages that offer help want you to pay them....
    Donald likes this.
  2. Alistair

Alistair Newbie

Thanks for sharing these sample letters, I've been looking for templates like these. Thanks G
  3. vivienne

vivienne Newbie

I know same experience here.
    Donald likes this.
  4. Donald

Donald Newbie

This has been so frustrating and I agree with the two that have said these people don't give money. I was replied to by a rep for Bill and Joyce Cummings and they told me that they don't do individual donations. I explained to everyone I contacted that I suffered a hemorrhagic stroke last year and I've had difficulty paying bills, no replies, not even an auto reply from Bill Gates. I've contacted Ellen and Oprah, no replies at all. I even contacted the owner of the Houston Rockets and was ignored. It's like no one even cares.
  5. Kooper

Kooper Newbie

In case the author or anybody else are still looking for the list of rich people who could provide money, this website Celebtopnetworth can be also helpful.
  6. Tinque

Tinque Newbie

Did you ever have any success?
  7. Adbfgv

Adbfgv Newbie

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  8. Quentin

Quentin Newbie

There are many millionaires that are prepared to lend you a helping hand if you need help with money problems. If you’re in financial despair or just need some help to get by then a lot of people ask the rich for money. You have to know how to ask millionaires for money, if the money can really make a difference to your life you might get the money straightaway. If you need money now then there are a group of millionaires that give money to help with those in need of financial help, this could be an emergency such as an operation or urgent medical bills.

You should always write a letter or email to the millionaire that you're going to ask for help. You must start by explaining what your present situation is and how you got there, be completely honest and don't make any stories up as they will check everything. Asking for money online gives you a quicker response and you don't have to waste money on postage. If you do get a response then there is a chance that you will get financial help from millionaires.

Prince Charles and Camilla

If you've lost your job and need assistance in training up; or if you have a carer and need money to care for that person, or just want help with a lifesaving operation then these are things that millionaires tend to give money for. Make sure you give as much information as possible as this will be used as the basis of your request.

If you just say help I need money without giving a valid reason then you'll be turned down, remember this is not a scam where you learn how to get money fast! Money from millionaires should be regarded as one human helping another so if you're thinking of taking advantage you will get caught.

Ellen DeGeneres

As stated before, don't just say help need money, you need to be more thorough. Once you've written your present circumstance you must write how much money you want. Give a figure, don't be greedy and don't ask for small amounts. Ask for the amount that you really need as this will be evaluated later on.If you've just lost your job and need money to retrain then give the amount as the cost of the course, you have to give evidence of how you got to the figure.

Use as many official documents to support your request. When you ask rich people for money online they want to see evidence, show them a scanned copy of a bank statement of medical bill and let them know you are willing to send originals if requested. Millionaires that give money to help people don't like to be conned, they have the power to legally request the money back and sue you.

Angelina Jolie

Once you've finalized the figure you need to explain how the money will help you get back on your feet and how much of a difference it will make. Don't become desperate and plead for the money, just explain how it will help and ask them to get back to you as soon as possible.

If you have a genuine need and the money can make a difference then more often than not your request will be accepted and a donation will be made. Many people simply don't get a donation because they just shout help need money!Don't think of this as free money for individuals, this is someone trying to help another, only request money from wealthy people if you have a genuine need and you've exhausted all other areas.

Oprah Winfrey

There many charitable millionaires out there, here are a list of a few millionaires that you can contact if you have fallen on tough times.

1. Oprah Winfrey : Oprah.com
    2. Ellen DeGeneres : Ellen.warnerbros.com
    3. Angelina Jolie : Creative Artists Agency 9830 Wilshire Boulevard
    As always when writing your letter you need t make sure you're as honest as possible. If you are holding back on any information then the money will be withdrawn or requested back. You need to be absolutely truthful about the need and you must use the money for what you asked for. Never ask for money and then spend it on something else, this will be deception and you will be back with the same problem, instead use the money to get yourself out of trouble and into a new beginning.
  9. TammyS

TammyS Newbie

And how do you ago about getting help at The Giving Pledge?
    admin likes this.
  10. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    The Giving Pledge will help you understand millionaires and billionaires and find the charities and foundations they support.

You will also find the contact details for these billionaires and millionaires.

You can either these millionaires and billionaires direct or through their charitable foundation.

I wish you all the best.

I have also replied to an earlier post you wrote here http://findsomemoney.com/threads/desperately-seeking-help.2257/