I need cheap patent lawyer for my invention idea - attorneys cost too much

Discussion in 'Starting A Business/ Business Ideas' started by Tiplady, Jul 26, 2016.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Tiplady

Tiplady Newbie

Patent Lawyers are making a fortune. I have an invention idea which I'm looking to patent but these patent lawyers are charging anything between 3000 dollars to 10,000 dollars for a search and to do patent paperwork. I'm either looking at very expensive patent attorneys or do it myself which is going to be expensive. With all the outsourcing in the world I was wondering if there might be a cheap patent lawyer or attorney abroad in places like India or China who know US Patent Law and could do it for a fraction of the price. If anyone has taken this route to save money please can you share your idea.
    Alistair likes this.
  2. Alistair

Alistair Newbie

Hey @Tiplady - Nice to have you back after such a long time. If you have an invention idea which you want to patent you could try finding a patent lawyer on freelance sites such as Upwork.com. There are quite a few talented patent lawyers and firms charging anything between $15 per hour to $200 per hour. The cheaper patent lawyers will be from countries like Indonesia, India and Pakistan so you need to be patient to overcome the language barrier. Some patent lawyers from India have 92% success rates so its definitely worth considering. I did a search on upwork.com and the following results came up..

Top 10 Patent Freelancers For Hire In August 2016 - Upwork