My financial meltdown story

Discussion in 'My Financial Meltdown Story' started by admin, Jan 17, 2016.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    As a 31 year old life has been pretty tough on me, I blame no one but myself for my financial woes. My salvation came after I was married and my adorable son was born, I managed to turn my finances and life around and now I’m currently working to become financially independent so I can retire early.

[​IMG]

I’ve written a series of articles documenting my financial demise, you can find these articles on Financial Despair on the Page Menu above, the series chronicles how I went from a very smart and articulate young saver to hating money and having no respect for it at all, I never read any personal finance books, never budgeted, spent more than I earned religiously thinking there was an endless supply of credit, when my finances toppled I thought that there was no way out, but there was.

I’ve also written a series of article documenting my financial recovery, after getting married and becoming a father to the most adorable little boy in the world I decided that I finally needed to take charge of my finances, I went through an extensive financial makeover and with the support of my family was able to turn my finances around, it’s a great feeling knowing that you’re in great financial shape.

I’m currently writing a set of articles outlining my plan for Financial Freedom, to me this means never having to work for another day in my life and having all my expenses taken care of using savings and investments. Please feel free to come on the journey with me.

“It is necessary …for a man to go away by himself…to sit on a rock…and ask, ‘Who am I, where have I been, and where am I going?” – Carl Sandburg

This quote is the inspiration behind this blog, the quote reminded me that I’ve never spent any real time reflecting on my life, most of the time I didn’t even have a plan and just went with the flow of things, rather than taking control of my life I happily let other determine what was good for me.After accumulating a mountain of credit card and mortgage debt I now find myself in the depth of financial despair, I have come to a point in my life that I want to stop and really reflect on what I am doing and where I want to go. I wanted to start this series of article which chronicles how I started my childhood as a hardcore saver and then turned into a big spender using credit cards to finance a meaningless life, and then go on to lay the foundations for a better future.

I want to use this blog to document my journey and to share with others how I managed to turn my life around. I’m not out of the woods by any means but I am starting to lay the foundation for a financially stable future that ultimately leads to financial freedom and early retirement.

I’m very passionate about the things I care about and hopefully that passion can spread through this blog to inspire others to take charge of their finances and clear their debt too! I am more than happy to have you on board on this journey from financial despair to financial stability.

I wanted to start this blog using a series of articles which outlines in detail how I went from being an avid saver to a meaningless spender, I have listed the series from #1 to #9 reviewing each part of my life, my meltdown and then finally how I started building a foundation for financial stability. I would appreciate any feedback and I will try my utmost to respond to any comment.

Full Series Index

#1: Great Early Saver

#2: Having Money Taken Away From Me

#3: Seeing My Family Experience Poverty

#4: Spending to Keep Up

#5: Disaster Strikes

#6: Getting Married

#7: Absolute Financial Despair

#8: Facing Up to my Problems

#9: Laying the Foundation for Success
    POWER PROGRAM likes this.
  2. admin