What Can I Do to Reduce My Water Usage?

Discussion in 'Frugal Tips For The Home' started by hamza, Oct 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. hamza

hamza Newbie

After getting a shock from my water bill which is metered I've decided to cut down on my water usage. I'm trying to half my bill for the next quarter. We have three teenage children which makes things harder as they seem to spend an eternity in the bathroom with the water tap on. This is going to be difficult which is why I started this thread to document my progress. So far I've come up with the following ideas to reduce my water usage.

1. Use the washing machine once a week

2. Only have showers instead of baths

3. Change the shower head to one that flows slower

4. Have a timer in the bathroom and try to have a five minute shower

5. Only flush when you have to :)

6. Brush your teeth without leaving the tap on (this will be hard)

7. Do all the washing up together

8. Water the garden less frequently

I'm really determined to half my water usage and would appreciate any other suggestions that you have. If you've managed to somehow reduce your water bill by half I would appreciate any suggestions.
  2. Shobir

Shobir Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    That's quite a challenge you've set yourself! I hope you achieve it. I try to have my showers at work to keep my bills down. My work place has an excellent place to freshen up and every morning I come in early and then do what I need to. When I cant make it on time I just use deodorant and have a shower during lunch or after work at work. Every little helps.