365 Money Saving Tips to Live Cheap

Discussion in 'Ways to Live Cheaper' started by Shobir, Aug 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Gorcey

Gorcey Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    @MoneyFlux - did you see this article Greatist published today? http://greatist.com/happiness/ways-save-money. Do you work for them, LOL? Some decent tips in there, one I had forgotten about was on how to cut power costs by unplugging unused appliances. Even when a device isn't on, it is still drawing some power costing you money.
    MoneyFlux likes this.
  2. MoneyFlux

MoneyFlux Newbie

Haha, no, I just follow them on FB. I wish I worked for them! I did just see this article about how you can make money sharing your car. Has anyone done this?
  3. FavellaMan

FavellaMan Newbie

Tip 16: Buy Designer Clothes from eBay

I buy all my clothes from eBay, normally I'd spend hundreds of dollars a month on designer clothes. I've now stopped this completely and buy all my designer stuff used and it's saving me up to 70%. Give it a try and see how much you can save.
  4. OggyAnd

OggyAnd Newbie

Tip 16 - Turn Your Light Off

Nice thread, what really helped me was to convert my lights from normal conventional bulbs to money saving bulbs, we then got into the habit of turning lights off and using less energy. It's surprising how much you can save by just turning lights off and wearing a jumper when it's cold. We also watch less TV and spend most of our time reading books or playing board games in one room. The togetherness in our family is great and were saving money at the same time too. Win Win.
  5. Father_Nature

Father_Nature Newbie

Tip 17 - Use Comparison Sites

Doing grocery shopping online using comparison sites have helped me save money. I can compare prices for the 4 largest supermarkets in the UK and find the cheapest. I can also find which items are cost effective using their cost per unit feature. I have the groceries delivered to my door and I save money on travel as the delivery option is much cheaper. On average I'm saving £120 per month doing my shopping this way and I'm putting this in my regular savers account.
  6. Simrin

Simrin Newbie

Tip 18 - Eat Lots of Bread

I think there was a tip earlier which mentioned making your own bread. What I like to do is make my own bread and then use it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I flavor my bread with cinnamon in the morning, and herbs and spices for lunch and dinner. Everyone at home looks forward to the home made flavored bread instead of the actual meal. I've saved so much money this way and it's easy to bake bread and then store it away.