Best credit card designs for 2020 - what's the coolest credit card design?

Discussion in 'General Credit Card Discussion' started by Shobir, Dec 31, 2019.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Shobir

Shobir Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    2020 is just round the corner, it's been a great year for the FindSomeMoney.com Forum which has grown incredibly. I wanted to end the year with a FUN forum post, what is the BEST Credit Card Design for 2020? What is the coolest credit card you want in your wallet and why do you want it.

What is your favourite credit card design, what are the features and benefits of this card? Why do you like this credit card so much. How have you enjoyed the credit card rewards perks?

I'll start of with my best credit card design for 2020...

Here goes...

[​IMG]

I love the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, there's something about the design which demonstrates class and style. You don't even have to qualify for the titanium card to get a precious metal card. This card looks and feels slick. Every time I take it out of my wallet to earn air miles I get a comment from the cashier saying how slick it looks.

This card is also the bees-knees when it comes to credit card rewards and is highly sought after.

You will need Excellent Credit to be approved for this air miles reward card. You will need a FICO score of 700+ to apply for this card. Along with the elevated FICO score your report will have to show a relatively low Credit Limit Utilization and no nasty fraud markers.

You will also receive a 50,000 miles one-time bonus when you spend $3000 within 3 months on purchases. This is equal to $500 in travel money, you could even extend this to $700 with some clever strategies by combining Partner Loyalty Programs.

You can earn 2X Miles on every dollar you spend, every day, there are no upper limits.

Another great feature is you can receive a credit of up to $100 towards the application for Global Entry or TSA PRE. You can even gift this perk to other people and save them money or split the difference. When you travel a lot this becomes incredibly handy.

Another amazing feature (Apologies in advance if I am going on) is that you can fly absolutely any airline, you can stay at any hotel and there are no blackout dates like Christmas and Thanksgiving. You can also transfer the points that you have earned to 15 other leading travel loyalty programs. Now, that's handy!

Your miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn, BAM!

Also Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC in 2018.

Finally, with the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card you can earn a mind-boggling 10X at Hotel.com until the 31st of January 2020, you can also transfer your rewards to other selected airline partners. You can really maximise the rewards using Hotel.com, there is chatter that this deadline could be extended, let's hope so because you can really clean up using this strategy.
    hamza, Alistair, Tiplady and 2 others like this.
  2. Simrin

Simrin Newbie

Great idea for a thread! There are some fantastic contenders for the best credit card designs for 2020. I also like the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit card and you are right, a lot of people comment when they see a metallic credit card that looks uber cool...

My personal favourite for the best credit card design for 2020 will have to be the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card...

[​IMG]

There is a lot to like about this card and I'm slowly but surely taking advantage of the rewards.

Right of the bat, you can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4000 within 3 months of opening the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. When you redeem the points through Chase Unlimited Rewards that equates to $750 towards your travel.

You will also receive 2X Points when you spend money using the Chase Sapphire Preferred card on dining at any restaurants worldwide.

You also get 1X Points on all other purchases and there is no limit!

The best perk is you get 25% increase in value when you redeem cruises, car rentals, hotels, and airfare through Chase Unlimited Rewards, so, 60,000 Points will convert to $750 towards travel.
    hamza, Alistair, Tiplady and 2 others like this.
  3. Rayhan

Rayhan Newbie

I'm a student and I have been approved for the Discover It Student Cashback Rewards credit card. Personally, I think it's one of the best credit card designs I have had as a student. There's also a lot of perks for using this card.
    [​IMG]
    For me in terms of design, this is the best looking credit card I've had as a student. The rewards for The Discover It Student Cashback rewards are worth mentioning. If you are a student and you like the idea of Cash Back rewards and can maintain discipline when you spend this cashback reward credit card should be in your pocket.
    • The Discover It Student Cashback Rewards credit card has a fantastic introductory offer, they will match all the cashback you've earned in the first year automatically. There are no long signups and there is no limit to how much you can earn. Sweet.

• Another perk is you can earn 5% cash back at places where students really spend money like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com and more up to the quarterly maximum, You also earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.

• I really like this one. If you take pride in your grades you can get Good Grades Rewards: $20 statement credit each school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher for up to the next 5 years.

• There are no annual fee which is handy for a student. No late fee on first late payment. No APR change for paying late.

• Freeze It® on/off switch for your account that prevents new purchases, cash advances & balance transfers in seconds.
    This is a peach of a card for students who like to spend responsibly, and teaches you all the tricks of the trade when it comes to cashback rewards credit cards.
  4. james oduor

james oduor Newbie

Without a shadow of a doubt, for me the best looking credit card ever and the best credit card design goes to the Chase Sapphire Reserve, I mean just look at it. It looks slick and sophisticated and just says you take your money and finance seriously.

[​IMG]
    I must confess, I've earned a lot of cashback rewards from this credit card and it's made my life a little more colourful that it would have been otherwise.

Let me say this again, the Chase Sapphire Reserve is the best looking card and it has some pretty good rewards too...

• You can earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Unbelievably, That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Absolute Madness.

• You get an amazing $300 worth of Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases when your card is charged each anniversary year.

• This is one of my favourite perks. You will qualify for 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit.

• You can also get 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.

• Also, a great way to boost your rewards by 50% or more is when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel. This is just super duper!

• Finally, you get 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs, this is really useful when you learn the advanced strategy to milk as many points as possible and fly for longer!!
    hamza, Alistair and Tiplady like this.
  5. Tiplady

Tiplady Newbie

Nice list you've got going here...

I have most of the best credit card designs for 2020 mentioned above. However there are 2 cashback reward credit cards that I really have a connection to in a design sense.

The Citi Prestige Card

[​IMG]

There are better cash back rewards credit cards than this, so I wont really go into any of the features and benefits. However the Citi Prestige Cashback Rewards credit card looks like a piece of art. The design is ultra cool and the centre logo just looks fabulous. Also, with its bonus rewards for travel and dining, you’ll earn big no matter what funky things are...

The NFL Extra Points Visa Signature Card

[​IMG]

How did you guess, I'm an NFL Fan. This card issued by Barclays, every time I use it I get a reminder of the greatest moments in NFL, it definitely cheers me up. It features excellent NFL perks, and cardholders can select their favorite NFL team for a design.
    hamza and Alistair like this.
  6. Alistair

Alistair Newbie

I don't need to say a thing...

This is the best looking credit card ever.

This is the best credit card design....

Nothing even comes close to this!!!

It's the...

American Express Centurion Card...

Yes...the Black Card everyone talks about where not many have touched!

[​IMG]

There is nothing too flashy about this card, it's understatement is it's biggest statement. As Leonardo Di Vinci one put it 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication'. This is one uber sophisticated card.
    hamza likes this.
  7. hamza

hamza Newbie

For me its the JP Morgan Reserve Card. I've got a Amex Black but this just looks better. And for those who love to be in an exclusive club this credit card is by invitation only. That’s because most applicants have $10 million or more in assets before they get the invite. With a JP Morgan signature scrawled across the top, it’s a shiny addition to any well-kept wallet.

This for me is one of the best credit card designs for 2020!

[​IMG]