Can i get free food for a birthday party from anywhere?

Discussion in 'Ways to Live Cheaper' started by LaughDontCry, Dec 3, 2015.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. LaughDontCry

LaughDontCry Newbie

I'm throwing a birthday party for my daughters 16th and wanted to invite all my close family and friends. The list is getting longer and my budget is being eaten up even though I'm being as frugal as possible. Is there any way I could get the food for the party for free? Does anyone have any suggestion?
    Simrin likes this.
  2. Simrin

Simrin Newbie

Birthday parties can be very expensive if you want really mark the event. Everyone wants a birthday party that you can remember for a long time and many ask how to get free food for birthday parties. There are ways that you can get food for free and if you can save money using some of the methods outlined here then you can use the money saved elsewhere.

If you’re planning a big party then ask some of your guests to help you with the food. If you can delegate the preparation of the food amongst your friends then you will be getting food for free. Be cheeky and ask for someone to take care of the drinks and ask someone else to get the starters. If you can get everyone to chip in then you can have a variety of food made by different people and the cost will go down and everyone has a good time.

You can also contact your local restaurant and takeaways to see if they can spare you any food. On a typical day restaurants throw away so much food. If you can get a list of local restaurants and call them one by one and ask them if they have free food for your party with the incentive that if the food is good they will get new customers. If the food is really good then the restaurants can expect to get new customers for food that they would have otherwise thrown away.

You can also contact local supermarkets and grocery shops. Supermarkets throw away food that is just about to go off. The food that is getting close to the sell by date has to be returned to head office. If you can make a list of all the local supermarkets and then call them one by one and ask them nicely for food in exchange for more custom then usually these supermarkets are willing to give away free food. If you can get sandwiches for free then you can save a lot of money.

If you cannot get free food for your birthday party then you should look for ways to get it as cheap as possible. Plan early and organise yourself. Try making a list a couple month in advance and then get all the items systematically when they are on special offer or when they are on buy one get one free. Normally if you do plan in advance you can get all the items at a significant discount. Imagine if you were to spend £1000 and you get everything on discounts where the price is better than half price then you can save more than £500.

Overall there are many ways to get food for free if you’re having a birthday party. You need contact all your local restaurants and takeaway and see if they can provide you with some free food that they would have otherwise thrown away. You also need to contact all supermarkets and groceries to see if they can do the same. With a little patience and perseverance you can have the party of your dream and not break your bank.