Comparison shopping engines

Discussion in 'Ways to Live Cheaper' started by Gorcey, Nov 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Gorcey

Gorcey Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Hey everyone, not sure if people here use them, but there are a few comparison shopping engines out there you can use to get the best deal on products you're looking for. I feel like this is particularly pertinent as the holidays set in.

I just saw a blurb about a new one named Pricemachine.com, and I haven't used it, as I think it is brand new. There are others like shopzilla.com, nextag.com, & pricegrabber.com- these are the bigger ones but I'm sure there are a lot more.

Does anyone have any experience with these or know of other good ones worth checking out? I'd love to make sure I get the best deal on stuff I buy for the holidays...
  2. Nick

Nick Administrator

Admin Post
    Not a price comparison website, but I use the Amazon mobile app to check prices all the time when I am in stores. You can even scan the barcode. There are probably better apps out there for this, but the Amazon one works well for me. I bought a used book at a bookstore over the weekend, but first I looked it up on Amazon. The price at the store was $7 and it was in great shape. The Amazon price was $90, no lie. The book was out of print and there must be a huge demand for it. Needless to say I snatched it up. If I don't like it, I'll sell it online.

Also using the app for comparing baby items on Amazon. Amazon doesn't always have the best price.
    Gorcey likes this.
  3. Gorcey

Gorcey Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Good point, I'll have to remember to start using that. Great way to not only save money, but perhaps make some cash every now and then when you come across deals like the one you mentioned....
  4. Nick

Nick Administrator

Admin Post
    It's also great when you come across a sale item at a big box retailer. Just because it is on sale, doesn't mean it is the best price.
  5. victorpisk

victorpisk Newbie

Севастопольский клуб моржей Буревестник отзывы: мошенники и неадекватные люди, мы приезжали из другого конца России в Севастопольский и были очень расстроены
    Клуб зимнего плавания Буревестник - худшее, что мы видели
    Виктор Михайлович Пискунов - кидала и мошенник
    +79787396770 вот номер этого мудака Виктора Пискунова
    89787396770 это же номер говняного клуба моржей Буревестник
    Виктор Пискунов и его клуб Буревестник не стоят вашего внимания