Has anyone invested in emerging markets stocks?

Discussion in 'Investing and Retirement Saving' started by Alistair, Nov 23, 2015.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Alistair

Alistair Newbie

I have a portfolio of mutual funds in the US and the UK but was thinking about allocating a percentage of my portfolio to emerging market stocks. I've seen amazing growth in emerging markets such as Brazil, Indonesia and Malaysia and wanted to know how I could get a piece of the action. I will not allocate a high percentage as I realize this is high risk.
    hamza likes this.
  2. hamza

hamza Newbie

If you are looking for explosive gains then knowing how to invest in emerging market stock can be very profitable. Not only will you get exposure to emerging market high yield returns you will also learn to invest in one of the most lucrative markets of the future. Many investors are put off because they have heard horror stories about how people have lost all their savings while investing in emerging markets. If you invest in the wrong companies without doing your research then you will lose, however if you choose the right companies then your money will flourish.

The first thing that you have to do when investing in emerging market stocks is to do thorough research, you can start by checking some of the links of this page. Your research will probably direct you to the 4 most profitable emerging countries which are Brazil, Russia, India and China. These BRIC countries have seen a phenomenal growth when it come to investment returns and these opportunities are available to anyone who can invest.

There are two ways you can get into investing in emerging market stocks, the first way is to find a exchange traded fund that has exposure to these countries best investments and the second way is to choose the companies yourself and then find a broker who can purchase these companies on your behalf. If you choose the latter then you will need to actively research the markets to find the stock that you think will perform well, if you have experience in investing then this could be the route for you. If however you are not interested in using every spare moment of your time researching then you can trade a ETF which has exposure to the BRIC countries.

You need to find a independent financial adviser who will be able to do all the hard work for you. Many of these advisers are free and often get commission paid from the investment company who they refer to. Make sure you find a reputable adviser who has a good record when it comes to investing money in emerging markets.

You need to specify how you want your money to be invested. Make sure you understand the risk and return and ensure you choose the fund that has the best long term prospects and has a good mixture of investments within the fund so should one countries stock market perform badly the others will mitigate the loss. By choosing a ETF which has exposure to the BRIC companies and has a portfolio that is spread well between all the asset classes you should perform very well in the long run.

Whichever investments you choose you need to ensure that you are in it for the long run. You will not be able to make a fortune overnight however with a little patience and perseverance you can achieve explosive growth in the long run. If you have money to spare and are not concerned about short term fluctuation then this is probably something that you should really consider. Start your research now by checking some of the links on this page.