Help others who need it more than yourself

Discussion in 'Ask For Donation' started by David M, Jan 6, 2017.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. David M

David M Newbie

Whenever I pray, I always pray for others who are in more of a need than myself.
    I have a friend, well more of a work colleague really who is 67 and cannot afford to retire and is in a real bind at the moment. It's worse than you can imagine but I am not elaborating on here. She will not ask for help and would be more embarrassed than angry about me speaking in this way.
    Me, I need money, don't get me wrong or I would not have found my way to this website but I have read a lot of comments and advice and her need is greater than mine.
    Contact me for more details, I am unsure how to start as crowdfunding would be a non starter as it would have to be a surprise or it just wouldn't work.
    I have to stress that NO money would be paid directly to me but be donated to her directly.
    admin likes this.
  2. Wishywashy

Wishywashy Apprentice

I read your comment and I found it interesting David M.

No disrespect for her but retiring is a basic concept. When you work you need to live in semi-poverty and save those coins in anticipation of your old-age days where your body won't be able to produce money and that's if she lives in a country where you don't retire with a paycheck based on what you were earning. I don't know yours or her situation but if your problem is not retirement issues then I can only guess that your need of money is more justified simply because preventable poverty ( if it's not then explain) is often ignored more than if you had no choice in the matter. If I am wrong then explain it ( Maybe there was a reason she could not save money ) who knows maybe people would help her. I put a lot of effort into explaining why I need cash and I think you will do her a favor if you give your honest description of her situation without revealing everything.

If this friend of yours had children without being able to afford retirement that can also be a turn off for people who believe that poor people should avoid having kids like the plague. My parents did the same, they didn't save for retirement thinking that they were gonna live off that check that is usually given to people who retire ( instead of saving an amount that can allow you to survive regardless or not you get the check you were promised) and now there's rumors in my country that the government will not be able to pay anything so there's a chance however small it is that they will enter poverty. I hope not but they just didn't think clearly.

the only thing you can do is educate young people so that they save up enough money to survive the worst case scenario. If nobody will help you retire you should be able to make your own retirement at the right time with the money that was accumulating in your bank account several decades ago. Let's say you get a job at age 25, if you retire at age 55 that's 30 years or 3 decades where you should have saved money. In theory you could just work until you are dead since people who retire often die of boredom and the oldest people I know are still working in mentally demanding jobs and they look better than the ones who left their job early.

I was bored when I wrote this but I tried to be as polite as possible but I won't double check since my eyes are a bit strained from reading. I wish you luck and don't give up.
  3. David M

David M Newbie

Her husband who is still with us had a double stroke many years ago. Now he cannot speak, comprehend what's happening or walk. She has had to pay off her husbands debts.
    She is now living in poverty in such a way that I cannot describe and I thought I could seek help for her. It's not my life, maybe I should have just ignored the fact that she will work until her death but then again life doesn't work out for some!
  4. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Hello, @David M and welcome to The Find Some Money Forum. After reading your post I can tell that you are a real friend and I am sorry to hear about your colleague who cannot retire at the age of 67. Would you be able to provide more information on your friend?

What does your friend do?
    Does she currently have pension provisions?
    Is she on any benefits?

The more information we have on your friend the better she can be advised. I also believe that telling her about the benefits of Crowdfunding might persuade her to get involved. Please let me know and I wish you all the best.

I Need 1000 Dollars in a Week! What Can I Do | Find Some Money
  5. Wishywashy

Wishywashy Apprentice

Exactly, it all depended on whether or not the heart attacks happened and they did. And she married without separating their bank accounts and debts. But fret not this case really interests me and once I get out of my mess I will also help elders a bit, I will give free speeches for preventable poverty ( Does not apply to most of Africa who have nothing to eat but spiders sometimes.) I will also train new coaches so that the future generations can all be informed.
    admin likes this.
  6. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Helping elderly people is very rewarding and it releases so much positive energy into your system. If you can do this @Wishywashy it would be great. In fact, you could post here with advice to help elderly people. It could be like a thread with tips to help vulnerable people avoid financial pit-holes.

I Need 1000 Dollars in a Week! What Can I Do | Find Some Money