Homeless pregnant 18 yr old female

Discussion in 'Free Money for People in Need' started by Shamara Liddell, May 4, 2015.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. i am currently 7 1/2 months pregnant and moving from shelter to shelter i have no family and no support system and i know im capable of parenting my child just as of now im not even capable to trake care of myself. i know there are other options but i was also placed in the system and still turned out homeless in the end i just need assistance to get my own place . i just need help starting off i am going to get a job and begin to pay for myself but now it a little hard because nost jobs dont hire 7 1/2 month pregnant people because of the leave i would have to go on when i go into labor
    Alistair, Simrin and admin like this.
  2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Hi Shamara, I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles. Have you considered turning to the government for help? TANF otherwise known as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families which is a safety net for young families to prevent them from falling below the poverty line. The welfare benefit gives a small amount of cash on a monthly basis to help with food, clothing and shelter. Once you child is born you could apply for this benefit and if you can find work for a certain number of hours you can still apply for the benefit for a period of 60 months. You could use TANF as a safety net once your child is born.

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families

Alistair and Simrin like this.
  3. Simrin

Simrin Newbie

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program may be able to help you. SNAP was formerly known as the Food Stamp Program to help families and individuals near the federal poverty line. SNAP has helped more than 40 million no income families or low income families. You can apply for the program through the Local Government SNAP office. If you are eligible then you could be given a Food Stamp debit card which can be used or redeemed at participating grocery stores.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

Alistair likes this.
  4. Alistair

Alistair Newbie

Women Infants & Children's Program

This might be more relevant to you. The Women's Infants and Children Program more commonly known as WIC is a Nutrition Program which is Federally Funded and offers food to at risk pregnant women and new mothers and children under the age of 5. Eligibility is based on household, income, and the recipient would be eligible for 6 to 12 months. This is definitely worth checking out.