How you can run your vehicle for free and make money from it

Discussion in 'Ways to Live Cheaper' started by james oduor, Dec 21, 2015.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. james oduor

james oduor Newbie

The cost of motoring keeps on going up. In the UK the cost of petrol and diesel are at record highs and insurance in places such as London costs over £1000 which is beyond some people. There are many ways you can reduce the cost of motoring. The most common way to do this is to drive sensibly and keep your tyres well inflated. You should also find the best deal when it comes to car insurance using comparison sites and then contacting the insurance company direct for further discounts. You could also further reduce you insurance cost by purchasing through a cash back site.

Now that you have covered the basics you need to take it to the next level. You could find a wrapping company which wraps cars in advertisements and pays a monthly amount for the amount of miles that you cover. Normally they pay about £100 per 1000 miles covered, so if you do a lot of motorway miles then this could be the perfect opportunity to make money. Another strategy that you could incorporate is renting your car out when you don't need it. There is a site called whipcar.com that allows you to rent out your car locally. Normally depending on the car you could make about £20 per day. If you were to rent out your car over the weekend then you would £160 over the duration of the month.

Another strategy that you could use is to find a diesel car that runs on chip fat. Many local takeaways pay through their noses to dispose of their chip fat. If you were able to strike a deal with the chippy then you could use this oil to run your diesel car for free! Many people are using this strategy and have not noticed a decline in performance or wear and tear to the engine. If you can use all of these strategies then you will start to make money from motoring. Depending on the car you have you can vary your earnings, if you have a new diesel car which is very desirable but does not cost too much to insure then you can make a significant amount of money.