I Don’t Have a Place to Stay this Christmas

Discussion in 'Charities' started by TheCandyMan, Nov 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. TheCandyMan

TheCandyMan Newbie

2013 has not been the best year for some, and I wanted to start a thread with resources for those who may be close to being kicked out on the street. Does anyone have advice on some options people have? If anyone knows of any departments or charities that can offer free accommodation for Christmas, let's list them here. Thanks, everyone and Merry Christmas.
    hamza, Sadia, Simrin and 1 other person like this.
  2. Shobir

Shobir Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I'm really sorry to hear about your circumstances. Have you tried going to your local City Hall Information Center? They should have all the information for homeless shelter. If you don't want to talk to them face to face you could try them at the following number 1-800-RUNAWAY, they should be able to help you find some sort of shelter. Good Luck.
  3. Simrin

Simrin Newbie

If you don't have a place to stay you need to call the following people immediately - Don't Delay!

Boys Town National Hotline
    Telephone: 1800-448-3000

This non profit organization has an incredible database of emergency accommodation and food services all around the USA.

4. Sadia

Sadia Administrator

This is the US Housing & Urban Development Department's address and telephone number.

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
    451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410
    Telephone: (202) 708-1112 TTY: (202) 708-1455

The US Department of Housing & Urban Development offer the following assistance to homeless people

Shelter Plus Care Program
    This program offers grants for rental assistance for homeless people with disabilities through other programs such as Tenant, Sponsor, Project, and Single Room Occupancy Rental Assistance.

Single Room Occupancy Program
    Offers rental help on behalf of homeless people in connection with moderate rehabilitation of SRO dwellings.

Supportive Housing Program
    Offers housing, including small housing units and inter group quarters, that has a loving & supportive environment and includes a planned service component to help people get out of homelessness.
    Shobir, TheCandyMan and hamza like this.
  5. hamza

hamza Newbie

I would definitely check out the Homeless Shelter Directory which finds homeless people a place to stay. With the directory you can find food, shelter and help towards permanent residence in a home. I have included their contact details below.

Contact Email : homelessSupport@gmail.com

You can also click a state below to find homeless shelters in your state, currently there are over 3340 homeless shelters in the USA.

Homeless Shelter Website

[​IMG]

If you're in one of these States you can find a homeless shelter quicker. Good Luck.

Chicago Homeless Shelters

Michigan Homeless Shelters

California Homeless Shelters

Orlando Homeless Shelters

NYC Homeless Shelters

San Diego Homeless Shelters

Los Angeles Homeless Shelters
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
    Shobir and TheCandyMan like this.
  6. TheCandyMan

TheCandyMan Newbie

Thank you for all the information, this is what I was hoping to get started here.
    Shobir likes this.
  7. Shobir

Shobir Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    It's a great feeling to help, hopefully we can help inspire others, & good luck.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013