I Need Help With Christmas for My Kids in 2013

Discussion in 'Charities' started by WhyMe WhyNow, Nov 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. WhyMe WhyNow

WhyMe WhyNow Newbie

I'm posting this because I'm desperate for help. I'm a single parent with two kids who need lots of attention. I really don't want to go into my circumstances and I am taking full responsibility for my position. I am working and saving money to improve my financial position everyday. I want to leave my emergency fund intact so I can grow my savings. It seems as though every year I save and every year I blow it on Christmas. I was wondering if there are any charities people who of who can help me get out of this viscous circle of poverty. If someone can help me this Christmas in terms of food, used toys and used clothes I would be able to make progress with my finances. Please give me constructive advice and please don't judge me. Just help me if you can this Christmas as I need financial assistance urgently.
  2. Shobir

Shobir Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I'm really sorry to hear about your circumstances. I have bookmarked a thread below which might be useful, it has all the charities and organizations that could help you during Christmas. If you need more information please send me a PM and I will be happy to help.
    Shabba Ranks and Bizzy_Lizzy like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Administrator

Admin Post
    Hi,
    You might want to check out the Toys for Tots program. They provide a toy for children whose parents might not be able to afford one for Christmas.
    Shabba Ranks and Bizzy_Lizzy like this.
  4. Bizzy_Lizzy

Bizzy_Lizzy Newbie

I know a lot of low income parents who have benefited from this Christmas charity program, if you want to request free toys then you need to be quick, here is the link where you can ask for toys.
    Shabba Ranks likes this.
  5. Shobir

Shobir Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I've posted this on another Forum thread but I thought I would post it here too:

My Brothers Keeper is a Christian ministry offering loving service and education. They have the following programs

1. Christmas Assistance Program
    2. Furniture Assistance
    3. Food Assistance

All the contact details for this Charity is listed below.

Mailing Address:

PO Box 338
    Easton, MA 02356-0338

Donations

Phone: (508) 238-7512
    Fax: (508) 238-3613

Request Help:

Furniture & Food Assistance: (508) 238-4416

Christmas Assistance: (508) 238-2562

Mailing Address:

PO Box 70273
    N. Dartmouth, MA 02747-0273

Donations

Phone: 774-305-4577

Fax: 774-305-4578

Request Help:

Christmas Assistance: 508-238-2562

General E-Mail
    Good Luck
    Shabba Ranks likes this.
  6. Shabba Ranks

Shabba Ranks Newbie

Excellent information, thanks for sharing.