Whats the Best Personal Finance Book Ever?

Discussion in 'Best Books, Websites, and Courses' started by Shobir, Aug 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

?

Whats Your Favorite Personal Finance Book of all Time?

1. Rich Dad Poor Dad

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. The Richest Man in Babylon

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. The Millionaire Fast Lane

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  4. The Science of Getting Rich

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Total Money Makeover

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. The Secrets of the Millionaire Mind

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. Think & Grow Rich

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. The Money Book for The Young, Fabulous & Broke

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Your Money or Your Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. The Millionaire Next Door

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FavellaMan

FavellaMan Newbie

My favorite has got to be Rich Dad Poor Dad, the assets and liabilities diagram really hit me and changed me life for the better. You can actually listen to some of the chapters on YouTube, try Googling Rich Dad Poor Dad asset and liabilities diagram and you'll know what I mean. Read the book to really appreciate the beauty of personal finance.
  2. OggyAnd

OggyAnd Newbie

The Millionaire Fast Lane is my personal favorite and shows mathematically what you can achieve if you think differently. I really liked the concept of effect a million to make a million. Rich Dad Poor Dad is a close second thanks to the asset and liabilities diagram which completely changed the way I think.
  3. Leo Ostapiv

Leo Ostapiv Apprentice

Gorcey likes this.
  4. Gorcey

Gorcey Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    From the books mentioned here, I've only read Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Many years ago I read one of Suze Orman's books, but I can't remember which one. It was mostly about investment strategies for younger people and it seemed to have some OK advice, although I'm not sure if I actually followed any of it at the time :).

Thanks for these suggestions, @Leo Ostapiv, I'll have to give these a look at some point and see which ones I might want to pick up...
  5. Father_Nature

Father_Nature Newbie

I've heard about Intelligent Investor by Ben Graham, It has been on my reading list for a while now but every time I look at it on the Library shelf it looks quite daunting. I wonder if there is a free audio book available.