Are government business loans for women obtainable?

Discussion in 'Grants for Women' started by Miles, Jul 28, 2016.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Miles

Miles Newbie

Are Government business loans for women really obtainable? I'm helping my wife get her business off the ground and have been tasked with finding Government business loans for women. I'm also looking for free grants for women who want to start a business from scratch. My wife is serious about making this business a success and has a business plan and experience in the field which she has chosen. Unfortunately the American System of credit scoring which penalizes entrepreneurs wont lend my wife money for her business venture. This forum has helped us a lot and I wanted to put this question out there.
    admin likes this.
  2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Hi @Miles - I think you're referring to the SBA Loan also known as the U.S. Small Administration Loan. These loans are designed for men and women. If you are referring to grants that are available for women-owned businesses I have listed 13 places where you can look for grants for women-owned businesses at the end of this post.

The U.S. Small Business Administration Office offers a variety of loan programs for men and women for very specific purposes. Take some time to study the programs described in this section, to see if you qualify to participate.

General Small Business Loans: 7(a)
    The 7(a) Loan Program offers financial help for businesses with special requirements.

Microloan Program
    SBA’s Microloan Program provides short-term small loans to small businesses with concerns and other businesses like non-profit child care centers.

Real Estate & Equipment Loans: CDC/50
    The CDC/504 Loan Program provides loans for businesses equipment and real estate.

Disaster Loans
    SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners, and renters.

Loan Programs
    From starting up or expanding your business to recovering from disasters, SBA loan programs are available to help your business succeed.

Also check out

13 Places to Find Women-Owned Business Grants
    1. Search for state level grants for women-owned businesses
    2. Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
    3. The Eileen Fisher Women-Owned Business Grant Program
    4. Huggies Brand -- Mom Inspired Grants
    5. FedEx Think Bigger -- Small Business Grant Program
    6. Idea Café Small Business Grant
    7. InnovateHER: 2015 Innovating for Women Business Challenge
    8. Chase Google -- Mission Main Street Project
    9. Small Business Innovation Research
    10. Small Business Technology Transfer Program (STTR):
    11. Women Veteran Entrepreneur Corp (WVEC)
    12. Wal-Mart Women’s Economic Empowerment Initiative (WEE)
    13. Zions Bank -- Smart Women Smart Money