Christmas Help With Toys for Low Income Families in 2013

Discussion in 'Free Money for People in Need' started by Robotick, Nov 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Robotick

Robotick Newbie

I really need help this Christmas, we have a family of eight and we are on a very low income which is close to the federal poverty line. Me and my partner are working on the minimum wage and have struggled throughout 2013 to make ends meet. Unfortunately we have not saved any money for Christmas and we're worried that we won't be able to give our children the Christmas they deserve. I'm not looking for anyone to judge me, I have tried to save but every time we start a savings pot we have an emergency we need to spend it on. If anyone can offer any helpful advice on where we could get some new or used toys for buys and girls this Christmas I would be grateful.

Thank You
    Simrin, hamza, Alistair and 2 others like this.
  2. Shobir

Shobir Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Hey robotick, I'm sorry to hear about your problems, we never judge here and we like helping each other. If I were you I would try to get the community involved as much as possible. The first place I would inquire is at my local school to make an appointment to meet with the welfare officer or counselor. Ask them about all the help you can get for low income families especially for children. I would also make a list of all the local charities and churches, mosques, synagogues and then contact them one by one asking for help. Charity shops are great if you want to get a used gift for Xmas. Also freecycle is great if you're willing to take old items and give them a new lease of life. I really hope this helps.
    Simrin, hamza, Alistair and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sadia

Sadia Administrator

I'll definitely second Freecycle, I know people who rely on Freecycle to furbish their homes, get free gifts and even free appliances. If you want to take full advantage of Freecycle you need to be active there and make requests early and be willing to travel to get your items.

Simrin, hamza and Alistair like this.
  4. Alistair

Alistair Newbie

Whenever I find a thread like this I always like to mention the Salvation Army who seem to pop out of nowhere during Christmas. They are definitely making a difference to people's lives during the holiday season and especially to those who are homeless or on a low income. I would definitely contact the Salvation Army to see if they can help you in any way. Don't just ask for toys, ask for everything. If they give you free food parcels then you can save money and use it for toys. Never say NO!

The Salvation Army

Find Salvation Army Near You

The Salvation Army National Headquarters
    615 Slaters Lane
    P.O. Box 269
    Alexandria, VA 22313

Simrin and hamza like this.
  5. hamza

hamza Newbie

Here are some threads that might help:

Financial Assistance During Christmas

I Need Financial Assistance for Christmas 2013

Good luck.
    Simrin likes this.
  6. Simrin

Simrin Newbie

If you're prepared to take long shots you could try contacting your local radio and TV network. If you can ask them to appeal on your behalf then you might be able to get a lot of Christmas gifts. Make a list of all the TV and Radio Stations and then pour your heart out to them and ask for help. I've heard a lot of stories on the internet about how TV and Radio stations have come to the rescue to offer low income families a great Xmas.