How to Get Unclaimed Money from the Government

Discussion in 'Free Money for People in Need' started by Shobir, Jan 8, 2014.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Shobir

Shobir Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    [​IMG]

If the Government, banks, pensions and credit sources own you money and you don't collect it then it becomes unclaimed money. One of the best ways to find some money is to look for unclaimed money. Beware of con artists out there who pretend to be from the Government and charge a fee for finding money - these people usually find the money and keep it for themselves.

Find out how you can spot Scams before you start looking for unclaimed money.

The Government does not have a centralized place or website where you can search for unclaimed money, what you need to do is search for unclaimed money state by state. This might seem like a slow process but it's definitely worth it in the long run if you find something you forgot about. Check the link below to find unclaimed finds and property:

State Search for Unclaimed Funds and Properties

You can also find all the other organizations and websites where you can search for money below. It's very important to be thorough when you search as

Unclaimed Pensions from Former Employers
    Unclaimed Tax Refunds from IRA
    Unclaimed Money From Federal Tax Refund

Unclaimed Money from Bank Failures
    Unclaimed Money from Credit Union Failures
    Unclaimed Money from SEC Claims Funds
    Unclaimed Damaged Money

Unclaimed FHA-Insurance Refunds
    Unclaimed Savings Bonds That Stopped Earning Interest

Foreign Unclaimed Money