I need help with my rent now - running out of options

Discussion in 'Personal Finance Q & A' started by Romario, Jul 18, 2016.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Romario

Romario Newbie

I need help with my rent now. My parents live with me and I am finding it increasingly hard to pay the rent on time. I have missed some rental payments but made them up. I am also getting late with my rent payments. Is there anyone who can help me pay the rent. I am on a very low income and cannot work full time because I have to care for my parents on a part time basis.

I don't want a handout but just want some helpful advice. Does anyone know if there are any programs for veteran help with paying bills? Does anyone know if there are any agencies that help pay rent? My last resort would be to take out a loan so does anyone know any organizations which offer loans to help with rent. Please help! I have nowhere to turn TO!
    Simrin and Sadia like this.
  2. Sadia

Sadia Administrator

You should check out the Department of Housing and Urban Development website where you will be able to find all the information you need. I have got all the information pasted here for your convenience

Learn more about renting and HUD rental assistance programs.

• Privately owned subsidized housing - HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants.Search for an apartment and apply directly at the management office.
      • Public Housing - affordable apartments for low-income families, the elderly and persons with disabilities. To apply, contact a public housing agency.
      • Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) - find your own place and use the voucher to pay for all or part of the rent. To apply, contact a public housing agency.
      • HUD Resource Locator - search for HUD field and regional offices, local PHAs, Multifamily and Public Housing locations, homeless coordinated entry system points of contacts, and USDA rural housing
    Local Renting Information

Need Advice?

Your Rights and Responsibilities

More About Renting

Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD)

Simrin likes this.
  3. Simrin

Simrin Newbie

A lot of help is available for veterans who need help with bills. Some of the programs you should check out are listed below.

1. Veterans of Foreign Wars Unmet Needs Grant - $2500

2. National Association of American Veterans Emergency Assistance

3. USACares Emergency Assistance Program - $650

4. Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes

5. Operation Family Fund

6. The American Legion Temporary Financial Assistance

7. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Aid & Attendance/Housebound Assistance

For all the information on veteran help with paying bills check out the following post which is extremely useful.