Single mum needs help asap

Discussion in 'Asking Millionaires for Help' started by rosie, Jul 10, 2014.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. rosie

rosie Newbie

I am a single mum to a 2 year old daughter who wont eat food and is only on formula. I am a student learning to became an early childhood teacher. However I have $15000 credit card debt and I am struggling to prove for my daughter as repayments are too much. I am really struggling. I have sold many iteams just to make money to buy my daughters formula and nappies. I really need some help to get myself into a situation where I can provide for my little girl. Please help me. I am desperare and really need help.
    Shobir likes this.
  2. Shobir

Shobir Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Welcome to FSM Rosie. I am really sorry to hear about your circumstance which I am positive will improve.

First off with regards to your credit card debt I would suggest you call all of your creditors and explain to them that you're having financial difficulties. You need to advise these creditors to stop all the interest. You should definitely complete a financial questionnaire to outline in detail all your income and expenses so you know how much disposable income you have every month. This disposable income should be distributed on a prorata basis to pay off the debt. This will ensure that the debt does not spiral out of control putting you into more debt.

Also if you're on a low income you should consider benefits especially if you're near the Federal Poverty Line. You should head on over to the USA Government site and inquire about benefits such as

- Food Stamps from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
    - Rental Assistance from the Housing and Urban Development Department (HUD)
    - Energy Assistance from LIHEAP

You should also inquire about unemployment benefits if you're unemployed through no fault of your own. All these benefits should free up some money to help support your daughter.

For education you should consider going to sites such as the Foundation Centre where you can search for scholarship programs that support single mothers. There are plenty of programs designed to help single mothers who want to invest in further education.

I hope all this advice/information helps and let us know how you progress. Take Care!