Where can i get free furniture for my home? i am on a low income

Discussion in 'Ways to Live Cheaper' started by Simrin, Nov 11, 2015.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Simrin

Simrin Newbie

If you have just moved into a new home and you are struggling to furnish the house then you can possibly kit out your house for free. Many people ask how to get furniture for free and it is possible if you know where to look. Many thrifty and frugal people claim to decorate and furnish their entire house for free so if they can do it so can you.

#1: Recycling Groups

There are many sites on the internet such as freecycle.com where people recycle unwanted furniture. The first thing you have to do is make a list of all the items that you need in your home. Then you have to create an account with all the furniture recycling websites on the internet. Once you’ve got the account up and running you need to create a post detailing the furniture that you require. Once people see your want list they will start contact you with items that they no longer need.

#2: Charities

Contact as many charities as you can and ask them to give you a helping hand. Many charities and organisations provide cash help for people who require money to furnish their home. If you can contact the charities with a list of essential items then they might be able to find them second hand or ones that have been discontinued.

#3: Local Department Stores

Contact as many department stores as you possible can let them know that you are experiencing financial hardship and you would appreciate any assistance that they can provide in terms of furnishings. There are many discontinued items in store that can be given out for free under exceptional circumstances. If you can get a few items from each of the department stores on your list then your house will soon become a home.

#4: Second Hand Furniture Stores

If you can’t get everything you want for free then you might have to spend some money on the last items to furnish your home completely. Look to second hand shops or charity shops where you can really find bargains, sometimes you can get a dining set with 6 chairs for under £50, you might need to fix the furniture up slightly so that it looks as good as new.

#5: Make Your Own

If you are good at DIY and construction then you should try and build some of the furniture yourself. Look at how to guides on how to build and create specific items and then buy the materials to get your project on the road. Normally you can build the furniture for a fraction of the price that you would have to spend to buy them new or even second hand and who knows if you become a dab hand at it you can even start your own business.

Overall there are many ways to furnish your home for next to nothing and if you can keep organised and disciplined and spend wisely and use your time effectively then you too can fully furnish your home for absolutely nothing, just be patient and persevere.