Barclays aa aviator card - appealed decline decision and was approved

Discussion in 'General Credit Card Discussion' started by SueStanton, Jan 2, 2020.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. SueStanton

SueStanton Newbie

Just wanted to share my application experience for the Barclays AA Aviator Card.

I really wanted this reward credit card because it offers a 60,000 bonus miles, a 0% introductory offer on purchases and balance transfers where the annual fee is just under $100 per year.

I wanted to use the 60,000 miles to go on a Europe or a single trip to North America, I would use the remaining air miles to visit the 48 US States. This rewards credit card would be very useful for me.

So, I applied for the Barclays AA Aviator Rewards Credit Card and I wanted to share my experience. I have the following...

1. I have a FICO score of 770.
    2. I have 3 years of payment history.
    3. I have 2 credit cards which have been in use for a while.
    4. I always pay off my credit card balance in full every month.
    5. I had a loan which I have paid off in full in the last 30 days.
    6. I recently applied for a Capital One Savor One and was approved with a credit limit of $8000.

I applied for the Barclays AA Aviator Rewards Credit Card and to my surprise I was declined immediately, I was fully expecting to be approved given my Excellent credit score, well maintained credit report, and history of making payments on time without any default.

To be honest, I was very annoyed. I called customer services and asked them to check through the information again. After answering many of Barclays questions I came to the conclusion that my credit history is too short and they want to see a longer line in my history.

Eventually, after explaining my status I was approved but I was only given a credit limit of $1000 which made me laugh and seriously made me consider if I wanted such credit card which had little faith in me. I did accept the terms because I wanted to take advantage of the air miles reward to I took them up on their offer. I just wanted to share my experience so others can challenge Barclays when they get denied for such a silly reason such as not enough years on your credit report.