Free Cars for Really Poor People - Where Can I Get it?

Discussion in 'Free Money for People in Need' started by Tiplady, Sep 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Tiplady

Tiplady Newbie

Does anyone know where I can get free cars for really poor people? I am experiencing extreme hardship and I would be grateful for any suggestions as to where I could get a vehicle for free. I am on a very low income and am a single parent with 4 children, having a vehicle would make my life so much easier. If anyone knows of any free stuff, giveaways, freebies then please can you let me know. I have heard that it is possible to get a free vehicle for low income people, I've also heard that you can get free gas and repairs. Please if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thank you so much.
    Alistair, Rayhan, Romario and 3 others like this.
  2. Shobir

Shobir Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I suppose the first thing you need to establish is if you're eligible for a free car from charitable organizations. To be eligible for a donated car you need to be one of the following

1. Have a medical need
    2. Military families on low income
    3. non profit charities and organizations
    4. Victims of cruelty or natural disaster
    5. The lower class working poor
    6. Homeless of living in shelter
    7. Victims of domestic violence
    8. Families transitioning from public assistance to work.

I will do some more research to find any charities, organizations and non profit groups that give away free cars to needy families. I am sure that others will chime in with more helpful posts.
    Derbygirl, Alistair, Rayhan and 4 others like this.
  3. hamza

hamza Newbie

Have you tried OnlineCarDonation? this is a site which receives car donations, boat donations, truck donations, motorcycle donations. You can donate online or call toll free. Most of the vehicles are then repaired and serviced and passed onto needy low income families.

You can apply for a free vehicle by entering your name and email address and then choosing the state you're located in. This looks like a legitimate site and people do donate their vehicles to get a tax break. Try visiting the site and then leaving your details, you could even email them direct or write a letter asking for urgent assistance. Another thing I forgot to mention was they have a live help option so you could ask them for more information right now. Here is a screenshot of their website, everything looks above board.

upload_2013-9-3_11-47-0.png

To apply for the free vehicle you need to be in one of the following

1. Battered women
    2. Those with physical challenges
    3. Families living in homeless shelters
    4. Self supporting families
    5. Private non profit organizations
    6. Military families

Good Luck, Hope the information helps.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    Rayhan, Romario, XenMoney and 2 others like this.
  4. Alistair

Alistair Newbie

Another site that looks pretty helpful is WorkingCarsforWorkingFamilies.org, it's run by the National Consumer Law Center and helps low income needy families by giving them free vehicles which are serviced.

There are lots of programs available and the sites helps families to find a program that offers free vehicles to low income families, it also offers help to those who want to donate their car online, you can also check programs available by state. You can also get involved to help working families keep their car by helping out with your time or money. This site is definitely worth visiting. I agree with Hamza, to get a quick response you should email the company direct to see if you're eligible, this will save you time and money.
    Rayhan, Romario, XenMoney and 2 others like this.
  5. Raymond

Raymond Newbie

I found this really cool site called FreeGasUSA.org, they are a non profit organization which state that they want to fuel America's prosperity one gas tank at a time, their mission is to buy one million gallon of gasoline for 90,000 poor American Families. You can either apply for free gas or donate free gas.

The website states that if you're a poverty stricken United States Citizen and need gasoline to drive to work, school, grocery shopping, medical appointments then you might be eligible for assistance. These grants are awarded on a monthly basis and depend on your need and level of income. I suppose if you're a low income needy family you should qualify.

The best way to find out would be to email them direct and ask if you're eligible, make sure you give as much information as possible regarding your need for gasoline, make sure you provide your income level, dependents and financial statement.
  6. Simrin

Simrin Newbie

Have you tried Vehicles for Chance? The site explains that if your on the road to self sufficiency but struggle with transportation you might be eligible for a used car. If a car will help you get a better job and offer personal independence then this non profit organization has road ready cars for needy families. I checked their basic criteria which states the following

1. Must have a verifiable job offer for 30 hours per week
    2. Must have drivers license.
    3. No DWI or DUI
    4. No other cars in your household (pretty harsh)
    5. No criminal record and must be drug free
    6. Must afford ongoing costs of the car like tax and insurance
    7. If you're under 25 you must have children

There are 3 tiers of programs that you can choose from. I agree with the other guys, the fastest way to find out is by emailing them direct to see if you're eligible.
  7. SueStanton

SueStanton Newbie

This is a really helpful thread, I'm sure it's going to help so many needy low income families find vehicles. I've also found a site that might be able to help, it's worth checking out.

With Causes offers a service where you can enter your name, email address, phone number, and then explain your need. If you need a vehicle then you can state this. You could inquire about all the following

1. Help with cars
    2. Help with car repairs
    3. Help with gas
    4. Help with car insurance

Priority will be given to vulnerable people, battered women and children, disabled people, disadvantaged children, military families. This site is definitely worth checking out because you can ask for a lot of things and they'll do all the research to find out what you might be eligible for. Hope this helps and good luck.
  8. Juan

Juan Newbie

You should definitely try Free Charity Cars, this is another non profit organization which takes donates cars for tax relief purposes, services and repairs the car and offers them to low income needy families who are near or below the federal poverty line.

All you have to do is register, then state your hardship, everyone can then vote on your hardship, if you get enough votes then your can apply for a free charity car. I've included a video which explains how the organization works. I suppose the graver your hardship the more likely you are to get a free car.

Alistair, Rayhan, Romario and 4 others like this.
  9. Sadia

Sadia Administrator

What a great thread. I really think the information here will really benefit low income needy families who need a car. I found another website called Donate Car Today this lists all the charities that offer free cars to needy families according to the state you live in. The list includes free charity cars from Alabama to Hawaii, Idaho to Minnesota, Mississippi to Ohio and Oklahoma to Wyoming. You can also donate your car online and get tax relief. Hope this information helps and good luck. Let us know if you're able to get a free car!
  10. Miles

Miles Newbie

Excellent thread, I know what it's like not having a car when you're on a low income and it's hard, social pressures are also annoying, I feel for you and hope the information on this thread can really help. I thought I'd chime in with a suggestion.

Try Good News Garage - This non profit organization offers repaired donated cars to needy low income families, it has matched more than 4000 cars with low income families since 1996. The organization is a program of Lutheran Social Services. I have uploaded a video below which gives more information. I really hope this information helps.

11. XenMoney

XenMoney Newbie

Not sure if this is relevant but if you are able to get a car you might need car repairs. I've found a site which helps if you have modest needs, if you're on a very low income or have a large needy family then you can post your needs online and ask people to contribute towards your need. There are a lot of people posting car repairs and most of these people are getting funds to get their car back on the road.
  12. Tiplady

Tiplady Newbie

I've just revisited this thread to see if there were any responses and I was shocked to see 11 replies all giving excellent recommendations. I really want to thank everyone who contributed, I've printed the contents of this thread and bookmarked it and will be going through all the sites one by one and making my application. I seriously want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for all this information, thank you so much, you might make a real difference to our lives. Thank You
  13. Shobir

Shobir Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Looks like this thread has become really popular. I thought I could summarize everything on one post with emails so here goes.

Free Cars for Low Income Needy Families

1. Working Cars for Working Families - info@workingcarsforworkingfamilies.org
    2. Online Car Donation - (888)-228-7320
    3. Vehicles for Change - info@vehiclesforchange.org
    4. With Causes - Ask For Help - Call 888-228-7320
    5. Free Charity Cars - 1800 - CHARITY CARS
    6. Donate Car Today - contact@donateacartoday.com

Free Gas for Low Income Needy Families

1. Free Gas USA - - info@freegasusa.org

Free Car Repairs for Low Income Needy Families

1. Modest Needs Car Repairs - general.questions@modestneeds.org

Good Luck!
  14. Tiplady

Tiplady Newbie

Thanks, this is the best financial assistance site ever.
  15. FavellaMan

FavellaMan Newbie

Have you tried car pooling? if you can't get your own free car then you could find other people who share the same route as you and pay them a small amount for a lift. Car pooling has really helped me, before I used my own car and it cost around $400 per month, now that I'm car polling it's only costing me $150 per month, the rest is going into my 401K!
  16. OggyAnd

OggyAnd Newbie

If you need a car so desperately I would suggest you call car dealerships, it might surprise you to know that many of these car dealerships give away cars to help people in need. If they have a car that they can't shift then it could be yours for a small fee or a tax write off. A friend of mine did just this and landed himself with a reliable banger. Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose.
  17. Father_Nature

Father_Nature Newbie

I know someone who got a free car from Freecycle.org in their local area. All they did was look at all the items that were available everyday, they found a free car and contacted the vendor who gave it away. There was a lot of problems on the car but after completing all the repairs the car has made such a difference to their lives.
  18. Simrin

Simrin Newbie

Have you tried asking any local garages or scrap yards? These people will have the contacts for other people who are thinking of giving their car away to get a tax break. I would visit all the garages in your area and just ask them for help, explain your on a low income and you need a free car to make your life easier. It just might work.
  19. Ammo_Ram

Ammo_Ram Newbie

I realise that this might not be relevant however if you're living in the UK and have a disability you might be eligible for cars for the poor. If you have a mobility disability a proportion of your disability living allowance will be used to fund the free car for the poor. You wont be able to get a super car or luxury car however you will be able to get a car from pre picked vehicles. These vehicles will be modified to help you with your disability. The link below will give you all the details. The scheme is run my Motability.

Free Cars for disabled people in the UK

upload_2014-5-20_14-39-14.png
    Alistair, Rayhan, Romario and 2 others like this.
  20. LaughDontCry

LaughDontCry Newbie

One great way to get a free car for poor people or low income people is by asking local mechanics for help. A lot of the time mechanics prefer to scrap cars which could easily be restored. They use their time to repair cars that make them the most money. If you can contact a handful of mechanics in your local area and ask them for a vehicle for low income families there is a good chance they will give you something.

Contact all the mechanics and provide them with proof of income, expenses and anything else which will support your case. You also must show how a vehicle would make a difference to your life. Most of the time the mechanic will sympathise and offer you a cheap car that is easy to run. Once you've tried all the other ideas you could try this one. Good Luck