How to make money with one thousand dollars

Discussion in 'Investing and Retirement Saving' started by Miles, Jul 4, 2016.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. Miles

Miles Newbie

This Forum has helped me to cut my expenses and boost my income. I am now saving one thousand dollars a month. I wanted to know how to make money with one thousands dollars every month. I am not really an expert on investing money and I've worked so hard to generate this money I don't want to lose it. In the past I've invested some money in the stock market and it did not go as I planned. If anyone can give me some ideas on how to make money with one thousand dollars I would be grateful.
    hamza, Quentin and james oduor like this.
  2. james oduor

james oduor Newbie

You should learn how to invest 1000 in stocks every month. This site has also helped me save money and I am now investing the money in assets that pay an income. Every month I invest in good quality companies like Coca Cola and McDonald's. These stocks pay a dividend, whats great about these stocks is they are part of the Dividend Aristocrats and Dividend Kings Group which have a 25 year and 50 year track record of increasing dividends income. This means that once you invest 1000 dollars in these stocks the income will keep going up every year because these are solid companies. The investment must be over the long term to reap the full benefits. If you look at the long term history of these stocks the trend is always upwards so if you can hold your nerve you can make a lot of money over the long run.

hamza and Quentin like this.
  3. Quentin

Quentin Newbie

Buying stocks with 1000 dollars is a great way to become rich especially if you invest in dividend aristocrats and dividends kings. I have a proportion of my portfolio invested in these asset classes and they are helping me achieve financial independence.

Another way to make money is to invest in property. You can start investing with 1000 dollars by buying shares in property redevelopments through crowdfunding. You could also buy REIT Funds (Real Estate Fund). If you look at the long term price history of property it has always gone up because people will pay through their nose for property and land.

hamza likes this.
  4. hamza

hamza Newbie

What is the best way to invest 1000 dollars? It depends on your risk tolerance. If you have lots of money saved and you can afford for your investment valuation to fall over the short term then investing in property and the stock market is worth considering. If however you don't have a lot of savings and you might need to break into and sell your investments quickly then you might make a loss. Its also important to assess your tolerance to risk. How would you feel if your investment fell by 20%?

Before you invest your 1000 dollars you should check out the following video on investment tolerance and risk.