My energy bills are too high what can i do to reduce them?

Discussion in 'Frugal Tips For The Home' started by JamWithMe, Nov 30, 2015.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. JamWithMe

JamWithMe Newbie

I've been noticing a steady increase in my energy bill and my energy consumption and it has come to a point where I cant save any money at the end of the month. My electricity consumption in particular is getting higher. I need to know any way I can slash my energy bills by 50% without making too many sacrifices. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    SueStanton likes this.
  2. SueStanton

SueStanton Newbie

I hear you brother! The cost of electricity is rising everyday and with more and more apartments being made where the only power source is electric the bills are rising at an alarming rate. By making small adjustments you can really watch your money flow back into your savings account rather than your electricity provider’s pocket.

Heating or air conditioning

One of the highest expenses in an apartment when it comes to electricity is heating or air conditioning, if you consider heating then remember by lowering the thermostat by 1 degrees Celsius you can lower your bills by 5%! The first thing you must do is insulate your entire home, find any cracks and fill them, find any drafts and block them, invest in double glazed windows and consider treating your walls with cavity wall insulation, a very well insulated home rarely needs to be heated. You can also let common sense prevail and wear a jumper when it is cold and take it off when it is warm.

Cooking

Another big expense is cooking, we all have to cook to survive however by adjusting our attitudes we can really save money, simple changes such as boiling only water that you need to use when making tea or coffee rather than boiling the whole jug, cooking meals that require little or no heat and only using the oven when you need to. Invest in a cooker that in energy efficient and always turn off when the meal is cooked, do not leave it on the back burner until you eat the food. By finding small efficiencies you can really cut back on your electricity usage, not only will this keep the money in your wallet it will also help the environment in the long run.

Entertainment

Everyone nowadays has a plasma television, personal computer and a host of other gadget and appliances that consume massive amounts of energy, you must never leave these items on standby, always turn them off after using them, assess the need for using these items and see if you can cutback as this will really help your energy bill, always have the thought “do I really need to turn this on and what financial benefit will this provide me?”.

Switching energy companies

You need to check if your provider is the cheapest, loyalty never pays when the utility bill is concerned and therefore you need to consider using comparison sites to see whether you can find a cheaper deal elsewhere, often utility companies provide incentives such as cash back to join them and if the tariff is cheaper then you must consider joining them. Check if they will give you a better deal if you take out gas and electricity with them and find out if you can fix your bills and use paperless billing as this saves even more money.

Energy efficiency

This is something that you need to consider, energy efficiency can really help save the cash that you earn by making your home efficient by switching to A-rated appliances you will be able to cut your bills drastically, consider using energy efficient light bulbs and trade in your old appliances for new ones, you will make more money in the long run as the amount saved by these energy efficient appliances becomes significant in the long run.

If you can make all the changes outlined above you will see substantial saving in terms of electricity and money, all it takes is patience and perseverance and a 50% reduction in your energy consumption is possible!
  3. mpo slot Xem chi tiết

ĐT 3806008908
  4. shop Thanks. up tốp cho bạn này
    Hotline 9830960192
  5. fashion boy shoes up phụ bác chủ dùng khá là ok mua mấy cái rồi mai chuyển em cái nữa nhé
  6. Mua Clone Zalo - O789225888 Bạn đã có dự định gì cho chủ nhật?
  7. chỉ số đường huyết Chào mọi người ! Nếu bạn có coppy hay chỉnh sữa bài viết của mình thì xin để lại nguồn tác giả nhé, thanks
: save money