Need a chance to start over

Discussion in 'Free Money for People in Need' started by January, Aug 11, 2015.

Welcome to the Find Some Money Forum
I Need 1000 Dollars Right Now

I Need 500 Dollars Right Now

I Need 100 Dollars Right Now

- The Find Some Money Forum is a community of members dedicated to helping each other Find More Money.

- On this forum you will find information on making money, saving money as well as investing money

1. January

January Newbie

I need help with a lot of things. Since this isn't the place for plugging my donations, I'll just let this off my chest freely.

I'm mentally ill – PTSD, severe depression, suicidal, etc. I've been dealing with this for as long as I could remember, but as of last year (around the time when I had to quit my job), I began to see the full force of having all of these disorders at once. My only physical disabilities are intermittent asthma and heart palpitations. I was working in the food industry and making a decent pay. I had to quit because these two issues were taking over my life on top of the fact we were heinously understaffed vs. our customer volume.

Before the food industry, I worked happily in freelance. I had to take time off for schooling (which ended up not working out), and now I'm rebuilding myself again to catch up with the modern market. I've been backlogged with bills and creditors, and it's getting out of hand. I ended up going to therapy at a free clinic to ask for advice and to help document my disorders. Because I'm unemployed, not a student (I live in an art college town), and because my disabilities are still undocumented, getting help is honestly the hardest thing to do. This is my last month living in a house and I'm currently on my way back to being homeless.

I want to be able to clean my slate and get a fresh start. I want to be able to properly take care of myself without the stressors of debt. I want to see what problems I still have when the debt is settled. I don't want to come across as a beggar to people who don't understand. I want people to know that I'm still trying to find these freelance jobs and traditional jobs that aren't so demanding of me while I figure my health out.

My only problem is I don't know where to start. I came to this place to try and get some guidance. I've called all around my city (Savannah, GA), and there are officially little to no answers. There aren't many people who help the homeless outside of housing situations. I'm looking for some sort of…… debt assistance. Something to help me, you know, break away.

The goal is unfortunately rather high ($8k), and I know it's unfair to ask people to even help a little. But I decided to try to see if someone had some words of advice. Even if I've heard it before, I would like to know what you think.
  2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Hi @January and welcome to Find Some Money. I read your post twice and wanted to reply. The first thing is its good that your getting these things off your chest, a problem or hardship that is shared makes anyone feel better. I'm sorry to hear about your ailments which must be terrible. I knew a few people who were experiencing these nasty feelings and have overcome these problems through talking to people about there problems and by getting therapy. There have been times when I myself have experienced these terrible psychological feelings and I overcame them by being patient and thankful and concentrating on things that I could change and accepting things which were beyond my control.

I think your return to freelancing would really suit you as you seemed to be most happy when doing it, I also like the freedom and liberation freelancing offers. You could even start a freelance business on sites like Upwork.com providing you have a commercial skill. I would concentrate my energies on making this happen, the more you think about this the more likely it is to happen.

Debt can definitely be depressing and I think the only way to overcome debt is to remove all credit lines from your life. You would also benefit from talking to creditors and explaining your situation to them. Creditors should display a certain degree of empathy and you should only pay what you can afford to. You might benefit from offering your credits income and expenses breakdown so they know its futile to harass you. If you can satisfy your creditors this way you will remove a lot of unnecessary stress from your life.

Your $8,000 goal is certainly doable. There are lots of ways to make money online these days and although they take time to build up it is definitely possible to achieve your goal. You could start blogging, buy and sell goods, offer a service, start an online Shopify building, the possibilities are limitless and only limited by your imagination.

I'd really like to hear from you so please do reply and I will do my best to LISTEN to you.
  3. January

January Newbie

Hey there! I'm surprised that anyone ended up reading my post, especially twice. This was just a shot in the dark while I went down swinging.

Since I last wrote this, there have been no answers, and there was a brief moment where things have gotten worse. Despite there being any ways to make money online, the struggle has been more than real. I believe I've hit a point where apathy has taken over because of all the mental breakdowns. While I'm better off to work, I know I'm going to work myself into the ground very, very soon. My donation pool to get some of that money has gone largely ignored by people who said they wanted to help me. In short, without outlining everything, it has gone poorly.

The creditors have been rather patient with me, but it's been a while since I've had a consistent job that pays anything. Though try as I might to explain my situation, bill collectors largely have shut their ears to my issues. Money doesn't talk; it shouts and screams, and I've gotten tired of trying to talk over its cries.

I appreciate you though trying to be a positive force, but what I've learned during this entire situation is that I must live, however briefly, with my mess ups. I'll try to scrape together whatever I can for one last hoorah. I have no skills worth honing, and I have nothing to sell that people would want, especially in this town. I was lucky in my younger years to have gotten the jobs and opportunities I did. Now as an adult in my mid-twenties, I have nothing to offer. As much as it pains me to say it, I am, by and large, obsolete.

Thank you once again for taking the time to read this (twice, haha) and for your eloquent, positive reply. I'm sorry that I could not return the benevolent favour.